With less than a week to go I thought it was about time to update you on #rugbyfair.
Its come round SO FAST I am a little scared if I am honest, I put events on as a job, but never have I felt so nervous and excited about one!
The biggest update I guess is the fundraising part of the day… people have been so unbelievably generous and I can’t even begin to thank everyone for their donations, support and general well wishes! We have been given some insane prizes, so much so that we have decided to do not only a raffle but a silent auction as well. This means that we have the ability to make a lot more money for our amazing charity partners.
The current RAFFLE prizes are:
- A signed Dragons shirt
- An England 7s shirt signed by some of the team.
- A BT Sport Ball signed by 2 of the presenters
- From No1 Sports Bar in London (no1sportsbar.co.uk), a table for an event of your choice with a bar tab!!
- From Premiership Rugby 2 pairs of WEEKEND tickets to World Club 7’s!!
- Jim at Hereford Brewery (http://www.herefordbrewery.co.uk/) have given us 2 gift packs and a brewery tour.
- Westons Cider have sent us a brewery tour.
- Craig Gillies from Worcester is sending (possibly bringing along) his signed boots!
- Orgasmic Cider (I am sensing a theme here) have donated a presentation box of cider.
- The Courtyard (@courtyardArts) in Hereford have sent me 2 tickets to any cinema showing
- Puzzlewood (www.puzzlewood.net) have donated a family pass
- Saracens Rugby sent me 4 tickets to their next game at Wembley
- Daddy Church Keen has sent a lovely rugby T shirt to us.
- @RugbyUlster has offered their amazing artistic services to one lucky winner and will draw a one of a kind image of their favourite player.
- Legends Rugby (@legends_rugby) have donated a bunch of clothing items which will be individual prizes
- A ball signed by Mike Catt & Graham Rowntree
- Luke Wallace's signed boots and 2 pictures thanks to Stephen Engel
Ok that is A LOT of prizes available. BUT that isn’t all…we now have some INSANE prizes to BID on. The auction will be SILENT. This means that you should NOT tweet or FB your bids if you aren’t there on the day. Email bids will be accepted but ONLY on the day. I wont be accepting “pre bids” this is to make it fair. I will blog on FRIDAY 8th August on how to bid for items.
The items up for grabs in the Silent Auction are as follows:
- Danny Care’s Quins shirt, signed by the whole squad. Thanks to Harlequins for this!
- A signed England Women’s shirt courtesy of @rugbybaabaas
- A Rhino Legends Shirt signed by Martin Johnson courtesy of Rhino
- And perhaps the most amazing item of all, thanks to The Cabbage Patch Pub and sourced by the wonderful @rugbyeng. The item is 2 tickets to England v Samoa in November. prior to the game you will enjoy a 4 course meal and drinks at one of the Cabbage Patch corporate restaurants. This is an amazing amazing offer and I cannot wait to see this sell and raise some money for our amazing charities!
That is all our prizes (for now) but I think you will agree that they are some DAMN good ones!
As for the added fun on the day, I have been working every night for the last few weeks getting the Lucky dip ready. There will be 2…one for the kids filled with sweets, bubbles, loom bands, cards, land other fun items. The other will be for 18+ and will be filled with many many fun items I am not going to disclose them here but they are fun!
The hoopla will have some stash available to win along with your more standard prizes.
The bouncy castle – this is still happening. I am going to warn you all now, we will NOT have people manning it. It will be down to parents to make sure their kids don’t hurt themselves and big kids need to make sure they are responsible!
Hereford RFC have an ICE CREAM MAN who is coming along….AH YEA! So along with the cakes and BBQ you guys are going to be eating well!!!
I think that is my update guys! Any questions or offers to volunteer or of raffle prizes please give me a shout! firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those of you who haven’t booked your ticket yet…DO IT! Rugbyfair.eventbrite.co.uk
See you SATURDAY